Sunday, August 24, 2008

Mostly Cassie


In the beginning of the "PiCassieO" project, I was mostly letting Cassie's strokes be the main focus, and if I found a critter or flower or something else recognizable, I zeroed in on that. Over the months, she has gotten a lot bolder with the "brushwork" (maybe she skidded the chair further into the window so she really scrubs her nose on it!). I liked this composition so much that I went back to my earlier approach and didn't add any color to it - just adjusted the contrast and used a filter or two, and it came out really well. Quite subdued, compared to our usual results, but I like it. The window was finally cleaned Friday and she's already at work on it again. Her enthusiasm is boundless!

We're pleased to report that our work has been selling in Maine, thanks to our good friend Pam! She'll continue to do the Stonington Farmers Market on Fridays, so if you happen to be in the area, look for her. She has wonderful crafts, in addition to the "PiCassieOs". And we're still donating $5.00 from each sale to homeless dogs and horses (Pet Smart Charities is getting my part of it).


1 comment:

Kyanite said...

I really love that - it's sort of Flag Iris's by Cassie.

Blue
x