Saturday, January 2, 2010

In Reply to Anonymous

We don't usually get a lot of comments here, so when we do, we pay attention! The latest one by "Anonymous" ("what is that even a pic of???") needs an answer, so here goes. December Door (last entry) started as a photograph of my dog's markings on the storm door, in response to whatever was going on outside. I let the marks accumulate until the patterns get interesting, and then I photograph close-ups of her "art". That's when my own art begins: in this particular one, I went over the actual marks with a stylus and tablet in PhotoShop, composed the work by cropping, and then experimented with different filters and colors until I was satisfied with the results. It is an "abstract" of something very real (marks on the door) which became something else entirely in the processing of making art. December Door is a handy title, since I photographed and created it in December, but the art is "about" lines and colors and the energy of its origins. Hope that clarifies the matter for "Anonymous"!

Now, about the comment before last - if anyone can translate the one on Winter Solstice, I'd be happy to respond to it! Sorry, but I only read English and a little French. By the way, Happy New Year to all, however you say it!

2 comments:

Ultimate internet store said...

This is a good blog.
Art is describe in very beautiful way.
I think you should visit my site to see some photos from france and Peris.
I learned them from French art workshop.

Thank you.

Cassie said...

What a clever artist you are! And of course I think Cassie is very clever too...but wouldn't I since we share the same name AND I am owned by an Airedale & Welsh Terrier (like Molly and Taffy!!).
I will never look at BabyRocketDog and Hooties schmeers on the windows the same way again.